The MTGA LV Boom Gate Skid is a mobile traffic control solution designed to support approximately 10 – 60 Watts of continuous power draw with an effective redundancy of up to 6 days on batteries alone.
LV Boom Gate skid
These eight metre boom length skids are designed to handle the harsh mining environments and are generally maintenance free. Our clients typically utilise skids of this nature for traffic control into the autonomous operating zone of the mine.
The basic operation of the boom gate is designed to operate with a radio receiver so that it can be signalled by an approaching vehicle. An ultrasonic sensor detects the passing vehicle underneath the boom and holds it up until the vehicle has passed.
The ultrasonic sensor will stop the boom gate from closing on a vehicle if it senses one by restarting a timer controlling close time. This allows for a safe operation of the boom gate ensuring it will not close on vehicles. The user can also manually signal the boom gate to come down by a second press of the gate button.
Key features LV Boom gate skid
- Two 120Ah deep cycle AGM batteries providing 12V and 24V
- One high-efficiency 360-400 Watt rotating solar panel
- One LV boom gate which can be remotely triggered by vehicle mounted switch or hand held fob
- Sealed waterproof battery and control panel box
- Can withstand winds of 80 -115 km/h